Visa Guidance

Scroll down to read


The two main documents you will to enter Poland if are not a EU citizen are a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). As a general rule Non-EU citizens need a visa to enter Poland. As the country is part of the Schengen zone, you can apply for visa and travel all around Europe! There are several types of visas to choose from.



“C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in a six months period.
The Schengen visa is good for business visits, tourism, short private visits, participation in conferences, cultural and sports events. It can be issued either as single, double or multiple entry visa depending on the purpose of the trip. Examples of the purpose of the trip: Education, business, tourism, visiting family and friends, political, scientific, cultural, sports or religious events, studies, employment, other.


“D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for three months in a half a year period.
The Polish national visa is usually good for those travelling to undertake studies and employment and also those who want to spend more than three months with their families and friends.


“A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland.


Every foreign student needs to have a Residence Card to stay in Poland. Students from the EU needs Residence Card to legalise their stay after the first three formality-free months.

Non-EU students should apply for a Residence Card before their visa expires in one year.

A Residence Card is an ID card that proves that you have a residence permit. Together with your travel document it allows you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. It is issued for the period of your studies. You are allowed to travel through all the Schengen member countries as well as work in Poland if you have a Residence card.

REMEMBER: You should apply for the Residence Card when you are legally staying in Poland, which means after you arrive, but before the end of the three month period (EU students) or the expiration of your visa (non-EU students).


Travel Poland by Air

Today flying to Poland has become much easier due to a large number of airports around the country and the increased number of airlines that run busy flight schedules to them. Air travel enables you to get to the largest Polish cities quickly and comfortably. Airports are situated in the vicinity of most of the largest cities in Poland. Both international and domestic flights are available from airlines such as LOT Polish Airlines. There are many low budget airlines flying to Poland. If you book your flights in advance, than you are sure to get a cheap flight deal. Buses, trams, the Metro or taxis are not the only means of transport to take visitors on sightseeing trips around a city, especially around the historic centres. Some Polish cities also offer more unconventional modes of transport.

Poland By Bicycle

Cycling along with hiking is one of the best ways of visiting and discovering Poland. For a successful cycling tour of Poland there are some preparations to be made before you start. An expedition into picturesque located suburban areas is an excellent pastime for families. Cycling is one of the most popular forms of recreation in Poland today with cycling trails often running through forests. Many towns have cycling circuits around the more interesting parts near a town. EuroVelo has many trails around Poland. In Tourist Information Offices you will find more about the possibilities of visiting a region on your bicycle and there you will be able to buy special maps and guides about cycling in the region. Having decided on a cycling holiday remember that you have to put your bicycle in the baggage wagon of the train. If there is no wagon of this type than you have to store your bicycle at the end of a wagon, trying not to block the exits. In town there might be a problem with public transport and your bicycle. There is a little room for bicycles on a bus and you can take your bicycle in the bus if it is not crowded and the driver permits. Cyclists in Poland should wear a helmet. They should also have special insurance and carry with them a mobile phone for all events. When leaving your bicycle unattended outside a shop, for example, please leave it securely chained up.

Travel by Rail

The railway network in Poland has been well developed hence most places can be reached by train. Intercity (express) trains run between the larger cities and commuters can reach the smaller destinations by regional or fast trains. Timetables and prices can be obtained at all railway stations and on the Internet.

Travel by Car

While traveling in Poland by car, visitors should be aware of local regulations for public road users which may sometimes be different to those in other EU countries.

Travel by Coach

Although a journey by coach usually takes longer than by train, thanks to Poland’s intricate network of coach services, operated by both national and regional carriers, commuters can ultimately reach any location in Poland by road.



Healthcare in Poland is available for students from EU/EEA countries, provided that they hold valid medical insurance in the national insurance system of their country. A valid passport, student identity card or doctoral student identity card and a valid European Health Insurance Card (Europejska Karta Ubezpieczenia Zdrowotnego) entitles its holder to medical care free of charge in Poland. Detailed information on the health care for EU/EEA citizens can be found on the website of the National Health Fund.


Students from non-EU/EEA countries should purchase their own international medical insurance prior to their arrival in Poland. Otherwise they are required to sign a voluntary health insurance agreement with the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia – NFZ) and pay their own insurance fees, which amount to about EUR 15 a month. Under this insurance scheme, students are entitled to free medical care and can use university health care clinics and health centres. Also, all foreign students have the option of purchasing additional accident insurance.

For more information regarding purchase of Medical Insurance please email: kontakt or submit your query online.


Workers recruited


Projects Done


Students Recruited


Total Clients